Monday, December 27, 2010

D.C. Noodles - Washington, D.C.

When I heard there was a new restaurant in D.C. called D.C. Noodles, I immediately needed to go. Asian food and noodles combined, oh my!! Unfortunately, it took me some time to get there, but when I finally did, this D.C. noodle hot spot did not disappoint. Located on U Street, D.C. Noodles is apparently the place to be. A cool vibe with a fun bar, I recommend making a reservation if you plan to check this place out on a Friday night. If you feel like winging it though, no worries. The bar is fun and the restaurant has a good selection of beers.

The menu is uniquely organized by the type of noodle you want (soup, cold noodle salad, noodles from the wok, etc.), which I very much appreciated. Chris and I both ended up ordering off the wok section of the menu -  he chose the drunken noodles (no surprise there) and I chose a new dish - Mee Sua, egg noodles with your choice of chicken, pork, beef or shrimp. This time, I opted for the beef and I was quite happy with my selection and glad I ended up trying something new. The best way to describe the dish was very tasty. I know that's not super descriptive, but I just couldn't stop eating it.

It was a great date and a nice surprise because neither of us were expecting it. I am pretty certain D.C. Noodles will become one of our favorites in the future.

D.C. Noodles you get 4 out of 5 dumplings.

http://www.dcnoodles.com/

No comments: