Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Thai Noy - Arlington, VA

If you haven't caught on yet, I am huge fan of Asian food!!  I absolutely love a good Thai food meal and one of my favorite places in the Washington D.C./VA area is Thai Noy, which is located in Arlington. While there are quite a few good Thai places to choose from in D.C. (Regent and Thaiphoon in Dupont and Siam Thai in Cleveland Park are good options), my favorite spot has to be Thai Noy.  Once again I discovered Thai Noy after a recommendation from my friend Laura. (I am beginning to think she should be the co-author of this blog.)

My only problem when I go out for Thai food is that I usually end up ordering the same thing - Pad See Ew, my favorite Thai food dish. For those of you who are not Thai food connoisseurs, Pad See Ew is one of the most popular noodle dishes to choose from after Pad Thai. The noodles are wide and thick and are often served with broccoli, egg and your choice of meat. The sauce, a thick soy sauce, is what makes the dish so delicious. On this particular trip, I convinced my boyfriend Chris to share this with me along with a new dish, Mekong Chicken. Mekong Chicken is a sauteed chicken dish served with homemade peanut sauce. The peanut sauce was incredible, and I was so glad we tried that dish. I have also heard rave reviews about the Drunken Noodles, a spicier version of Pad See Ew.

I recommend trying Thai Noy in the summer months, which in D.C. lasts for quite some time, so you can sit on the patio. Thai Noy you get 4.5 out of 5 dumplings!

http://www.thainoy.com/

No comments: