Sunday, September 26, 2010

Mark's Duck House - Falls Church, VA

If you ask anyone who is a fan of Asian food in the D.C. area, they will tell you to go to the suburbs. Falls Church and Wheaton are full of Asian food hot spots. This weekend my friend Alli and I decided to visit Eden Center in Falls Church, VA. Now most people who go to Eden Center probably go to have Vietnamese food. And while I have to admit that there seemed to be a lot of great restaurants there, Alli and I hit up this quaint strip mall for the nail polish selection. You see at the very end of the Eden Center strip mall is a nail supply store where you can basically get any nail color for a quarter of the price! It was fantastic.

But enough about nail polish...this blog is not about nail polish! After our excursion to Eden Center, Alli and I ventured on to Mark's Duck House, which is known for its peking duck. I was extremely excited because I love peking duck. In fact, after this meal, I declared peking duck my favorite food. It was so delicious. The skin was prepared perfectly crispy and the duck was nice and moist. Alli and I also feasted on beef chow fun (called dry fried wide beef noodles on the menu), a dim sum favorite at Mark's and had steamed shrimp and pork dumplings to start. While the dumplings were only so so, the chow fun was quite tasty, too. If you are a fan of peking duck, I highly recommend this joint. Note the word joint. If it's ambiance, you are looking for, this is not the place for you, but if you go for that strip mall Asian food kinda feel, then you will appreciate the charm of Mark's.

Mark's Duck House peking duck...you get 5 dumplings out of 5. Chow Fun...you get 4.5 dumplings out of 5. Steamed shrimp and pork dumplings....you get 3 dumplings out of 5. Overall rating? You all do the math.

http://www.marksduckhouse.com/

No comments: